The NADA/ ATD Convention and Expo was rated #10 of the ‘Most Innovative Meetings’ by the meeting and events magazine, BizBash. Take a look at the full article here.
Every service department has a multi-point inspection form, but few are actually making money with it! In this workshop, you’ll learn a proven process that will take pressure off of your advisors, keep your technicians happy, find approval with your customers, and increase your fixed ops revenue.
This workshop will focus on action points on how to implement the process, sustain the process, and, most importantly, create a lifetime annuity stream through selling technician-recommended maintenance.
Workshop attendees will learn how to:
- Implement and sustain a multi-point inspection process
- Recognize barriers to effective communication between techs and advisors
- Understand what it means to “keep the door of opportunity” open at the time of write-up
- Overcome the “fear of rejection” that keeps advisors from selling service
- Formulate an action plan to motivate service personnel to work together for both the good of the vehicle owner and the dealership
Charlie Polston, a profitability and customer retention consultant with BG Products, Inc. will be presenting the workshop. Charlie is a 30-year veteran of the automotive industry, specializing in fixed operations personnel training and service department growth.
One of the highlights of the workshop will be the case-studies Charlie presents to show attendees real-world applications and results from an effective multi-point inspection process.
Friday, February 8th 12:15- 1:30pm W305AB
Saturday, February 9th 10:30-11:45pm W308CD
Monday, February 11th 10:30am- 11:45pm W309
For our full workshop schedule click here.
Disney Beach Club Resort
Standard Room Rate: $205
Captain Mark Kelly
Commander of the Space Shuttle Endeavour‘s Final Mission
Speaking: 9:00am, Sunday, Feb. 10, 2013 – Orange County Convention Center, Exhibit Hall D
Mark Kelly is an American astronaut, retired US Navy Captain, best selling-author, prostate cancer survivor, and an experienced naval aviator who flew combat missions during the Gulf War. The winner of many awards, including the Legion of Merit, two Defense Superior Service Medals and two Distinguished Flying Crosses, Kelly was selected as an astronaut in 1996. He flew his first of four missions in 2001 aboard Space Shuttle Endeavour, the same space shuttle that he commanded on its final flight in May 2011. He has also commanded Space ShuttleDiscovery and is one of only two individuals who have visited the International Space Station on four different occasions.
Already a celebrated American, Kelly became the center of international attention after the January 2011 assassination attempt on his wife, former US Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords. In their best-selling memoir, Gabby, the couple shares their story of hope and resilience with the world. The inspirational memoir has topped multiple best-seller lists, including the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, and Amazon. Kelly and Giffords have captivated the nation with their story, appearing in an exclusive Diane Sawyer interview, and on Nightline and The Daily Show, among others, and have appeared on the covers of People and USA Today. Named on of the Esquire’s 2011 “Americans of the Year,” Kelly was also featured on the cover of and profiled in the magazine. Kelly is currently working on a children’s book titled Mousetronaut: A Partially True Story, which is expected to be released in October 2012.
Kelly’s identical twin brother, Scott, is also an astronaut who served as commander of both the Space Shuttle and the International Space Station. They share the distinction of being the only siblings who have traveled in space.With 6,000 flight hours in more than 50 different aircraft, 375 aircraft carrier landings, 39 combat missions and more than 50 days in space, Astronaut Mark Kelly is one of our country’s most experienced pilots. A sought-after keynote speaker, Mark Kelly is an American hero who inspires others to be their best while remaining true to their core values. He exemplifies leadership, the importance of teamwork, and courage under pressure.
Mark Kelly will speak at the 2013 NADA Convention and Expo. Please note, only registered NADA and ATD attendees and exhibitors are able to attend.
1. Introduce new products to the market. With thousands of attendees on hand at this event, it’s a great opportunity to do a product launch with industry-wide exposure.
2. Establish industry positioning. Exhibiting at this event is a great way to announce to the industry that your company is a player.
3. Meet with existing customers. You can make weeks’ and months’ worth of sales calls to your existing customers in a short period of time. Invite them to see what’s new.
4. Scope out the competition. You’ll get a clear picture of your competition’s marketing strategy.
5. Visit with people who are otherwise hard to meet. You’ll be able to get access to key buyers who are otherwise unapproachable.
6. Network with other professionals. You can share your stories with other peers who have faced the same challenges, and learn from more experienced pros in the business.
7. Do market research. During this 3-day event you can try new offers out on thousands of buyers and fine-tune your pricing and product focus.
9. Sell your product to new customers. Overall, 77% of qualified attendees at events are potential new customers for exhibiting companies. (Source: CEIR Research Report ACRR 1130.08) The NADA/ATD show is a great way to get new business for your company.
10. Sell your product to other exhibitors. This event offers hundreds of B2B opportunities for companies targeting other exhibitors at the show.
The NADA Expo is the auto industry’s largest marketplace for technology and services. Co-locating with the NADA Expo, The American Truck Dealers (ATD) Expo offers products and services targeting thousands of Heavy-duty and Medium-duty Truck Dealerships in the U.S. Never underestimate the power of face-to-face.
For more information on how you can exhibit at the 2013 NADA/ATD Expo in Orlando (2/8 – 2/11 2013): www.nadaconventionandexpo.org
TIME Is Now Accepting Nominations for Dealer of the Year
The national award, which recognizes new-car dealers for exceptional sales performance and distinguished community service, is held in partnership with Ally Financial and in cooperation with the National Automobile Dealers Association.
Nominations are submitted by the state and metro Automotive Trade Association Executives (ATAE).
As part of its sponsorship, Ally will donate $10,000 to the winner’s charity of choice. The ATAE who nominates the winner will also receive $5,000 from Ally to make a donation to a charity of their choice. Ally will also donate $1,000 to charitable organizations selected by each dealer nominee.
The 44th annual TIME Dealer of the Year award will be presented at the NADA Convention and Expo in Orlando, Fla., on Feb. 9, 2013. For more information, visit www.timedealeroftheyear.com.